Pretty things from Heartfeltstuff.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The postman arrived this morning absolutely laden with parcels. I was completely surprised. And completely delighted.

There's really nothing quite as lovely as receiving a bunch of things you didn't necessarily order through snail mail. It reminds me a bit of The Sound of Music and singing choruses about 'a few of my favourite things' all tied up with string.

And so, imagine my delight when included in amongst the letters, invoices and somebody else's HMRC forms, I found this package:

















It's a charming array of happy items from my dear bloggy friend Juanita. If you haven't yet visited her blog through my many recommendations, now's a good time! You can find her over at http://www.therecanbeonlyjuan.co.za/ where she blogs about healthy recipes, living in South Africa, and general hand-made felty goodness.

















Included in my parcel of treats was a lovely handmade pin cushion. I love the denimy-edges of this rustic rose design and it's the ideal gift for someone like me who really just can't have too many pincushions or sewing items - there never seems to be enough! Juanita sells these oh-so-pretty pincushions over at her Etsy shop along with other felt-made items like baby booties. Cute.

















I love these charms. Aren't they particular sweet, set upon a backdrop of Degas Dancers in Blue?

















They came with a selection of other charms which I daresay are going to make their way into almost every project I do over the next few weeks! There's nothing that can't be made better without the addition of a little flamingo.

















A 'Be Happy' button in stripy pink and red completes the picture. That clever little book placemaker on the left closes with a magnetic bit; I'm impressed. An interesting collection of items, methinks, and so well-chosen too.

















Thank you, Juanita, for sending me such a lovely gift, all the way from Sunny South Africa! I am delighted with my goodies and I'm going to put them all to very good use! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments