Getting into the Knitty Gritty

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tonight, Aneeta Patel of Knitty Gritty fame (she wrote the book) is coming to talk to the East End WI ladies.


So, in the spirit of things, I'm going to be taking along my current knitting project so I can also get into the knitty gritty of things. I know, it's likely to be a day full of puns.


This is going to be one of my Christmas presents this year: a Whirligig Shrug. It's for a little girl I haven't met yet. No pressure.

I'm knitting it in Sirdar Snuggly Kisses in the Twinkle colourway, which is a sort of light grey, slightly blue and white variegated yarn that is oh so soft, and an absolute dream to knit with. I picked it up at the Knitting and Stitching Show last month (definitely a good purchase!).

I think the shrug is going to need something girly to finish it off - a ribbon to tie the fronts together, perhaps? Or, maybe just a little crochet flower on the front. I'll come up with something.


I was inspired by Kate from TwoLittleBanshees who has been knitting up plenty of cute Whirligig Shrugs for her little Olive (a new addition to the family). I'm convinced it looks far too small - who could fit into that, anyway?


I was suspicious of the "U Cable" at first, but it turned out really nice. Altogether, quite pleased.

You Might Also Like

1 comments