Knitty Cephalopods

Friday, September 20, 2013

This isn't the first time I've found myself writing about cephalopods, or chuckling about the built-in autocorrect who has tried twice to correct cephalopods to hydrocephalus.


He's still a knit-in-progress, but is very nearly full-sized. A few more rows, and I'll be narrowing down the mantle and adding fins. And then done.

His eyes arrived this week; they could - and should be bigger - but they were the biggest I could find with a bit of colour in them. At 24mm across, they're a good size. I love the soft blue and wouldn't trade them in for bigger white ones.


While I waited (I had to add the eyes before closing up the head and picking up stitches for the mantle), I added some heart-felt details. I know, I know. Sometimes you can't resist a pun. These are small 100% wool felt in Damson Rose. I stitched them on with hot pink embroidery thread by hand while watching the Great British Bake Off.  Best use of time ever.


It's all a bit glum outside at the moment. This is the view from my front door, it's an old church which towers up into the greyness outside. I'm looking forward to a weeking inside with some hot soup and a bit of sewing. Winter is on its way...

You Might Also Like

0 comments