Bert the Monkey

Thursday, October 29, 2015

This is Bert. His name comes from his pattern, another amigurumi animal by Sharonlee Holder. I saw him made up in Thimbles, a yarn shop in Durbanville, Cape Town, while on holiday there. Such a lovely shop, so worth a visit if you're in the area.  


He's very sweet, and the proportions are all right. I made him using Vinni's Colours Serina, a bamboo yarn which is really lovely to work with. Really annoyingly, I ran out of yarn about 3/4 of the way through! So frustrating! This happened with the giraffe pattern I made a few weeks ago too, from the same pattern designer.


I kept my stitches nice and neat throughout, and matched the pieces to the images so I don't think I should have run out. I had to have someone in South Africa post me an additional ball of yarn... luckily it arrived in time for Isla's birthday.


I found some stash buttons for his arms and legs which seem to go quite well, and make them posable. He has such a cheerful face that it makes me laugh!Isla loves him too, and often gives him a hug if she finds him in her toy box. Sweet girl!

You Might Also Like

3 comments